Chilliwack School District online registration (E-Reg) process for the 2018/2019 school year opened January 15, 2018. E-Reg is for the following student registrations:
*If you have already registered your K student at your catchment elementary school you do not need to complete this process.
- *Current student wishing to change schools
*Does not apply to students who are transitioning to their catchment middle or secondary school.
- New to school district
Click here to locate your neighbourhood school by address: School Locator
January 15, 2018 - E-Reg opens
June 1, 2018 - In-catchment registrations received by this date can anticipate a confirmed placement at their catchment school.
June 15, 2018 - Principals communicate with parents regarding enrolment for September for catchment, out-of-catchment and out-of-district students who have applied prior to June 1, 2018.
To complete e-registration you will need the following:
- a valid email address
- photo or scan showing proof of child's age and citizenship
- photo or scan showing proof of residency
Please view the complete list of acceptable documents (FAQ's) before proceeding.
We reserve the right to request additional documents. Applications are considered complete only when all required documents have been submitted.
E-Registration Resources and Support
Policy 531: School Admission and Choice
Administrative Regulation 531.1: School Admission and Choice
Excerpt from AR 531.1
If space and facilities are determined to be available, enrolment in educational programs in the school will be offered in the following priority order, provided that application deadlines and requirements are met:
- continuing student who attended the school or feeder school during the previous year.
- catchment area student wait-listed before March 1 from previous years.
- other catchment area student
- new non-catchment area student who is a sibling of a continuing non-catchment area student
- non-catchment area child
- non-school district child