Safe, reliable research at your fingertips including free encyclopedias, documentaries, magazines and more!
The internet is a wealth of information, but not all of it is reliable or accurate. That’s why SD 33 has purchased a complete suite of online digital resources from ERAC (Educational Resource Acquisition Consortium), and made it available to students, teachers, student families and district staff from anywhere, at anytime.
- World Book – various products
- National Geographic Kids
- MediaSmarts Passport to the Internet
- EBSCO Elementary Mini-suite
- Encyclopedia BC
- EBSCO Secondary Mini-suite
- Gale In Context Series
- myBlueprint Canadian Post-Secondary and Occupation Database
GaleGroup.com: Gale In Context
Learn 360 contains educational film resources including movies, documentaries and series. Staff have direct access from a district computer profile. Login is required for these resources for home use. Staff can access login information on the District SharePoint.
Criterion on Demand
Criterion on Demand provides access to feature films for classroom use and is also available to PACs for fundraising opportunities. Staff have direct access from a district computer profile. Login is required for these resources for home use. Staff can access login information on the District SharePoint.
CAMPUS is the premiere destination for educators who are seeking 100% Canadian film & media content that supports BC's diverse K-12 curriculum.
- Access to more than 5000 film and Interactive media productions
- Exclusive access to more than 1500 films and new releases
- Thematic Playlists curated by Canadian educators
- A chaptering tool to create short clips from any NFB production
- The ability to create and share playlists with your students
- Hundreds of Teacher Guides
- Ability to search the NFB catalogue by school subject
- Education Synopsis' that contextualize select films for the classroom
- Google classroom integration
- MARC records to support libraries
- 100% Canadian content, available in English and French