District French Immersion Programs of Choice will operate according to Ministry of Education guidelines, and will be designed to meet the following program goals equally in all dual-track schools:
- To produce students who are able to understand and communicate effectively in French and English, enabling them to pursue further education, careers and cultural opportunities, in either language.
- To concurrently meet all Ministry and School Board curricular expectations in all areas of programming, including English Language Arts.
- To allow students to develop linguistic and cultural knowledge, within a dual-track program, supporting a spirit of positive appreciation and respect.
- To develop respect, awareness, appreciation, and understanding of Francophone culture, customs and values, particularly in French Canada.
- To foster the physical, social, intellectual, emotional, and creative development of students.