Elections for local school trustees will be held on October 15, 2022, in conjunction with the 2022 BC General Local Election. Local school trustee elections allow the community an important opportunity to choose representatives who will govern by making decisions, guiding policy, and overseeing our valuable investment in public education.
Trustees work with their board and community partners to ensure that all the students within the board’s jurisdiction have opportunities to reach their maximum potential. While members of the board act as representatives of their constituency, their primary job is to participate in policy making and strategic planning in the interests of the district’s students. Trustees are grounded in creating safe and inclusive learning spaces where all students can be supported to thrive, aligned with the Ministry of Education and Child Care's "Policy for Student Success."
Successful trustees manage to balance their governance role with the representative role, participating in decision-making that benefits the whole board while representing the interests of their constituents.
Key Information / Websites:
Hear from other trustees on why you should run (BCSTA video)
- Trustee Candidate Info Session: September 1, 2022 - see below
- Nomination Period: August 20, 2022 - September 9, 2022
- Declaration of Candidates: September 9, 2022
- Pre-campaign Period: July 18, 2022 - September 16, 2022
- Campaign Period: September 17, 2022 - October 15, 2022
- General Voting Day: October 15, 2022