Teachers employed by Chilliwack School District who wish to apply as an internal candidate on teaching vacancies are required to do so using the Make a Future internal application system.
To be approved as an internal candidate a teacher must:
- register as an internal application through Make a Future
- create an electronic portfolio which includes uploaded documents (cover letter and resume) and scanned documents (teaching report and transcripts)
External candidates wishing to apply for Teachers Teaching on Call or teaching vacancies must do so electronically through the Make a Future website. Paper and email applications are not accepted.
Electronic applications must include:
- covering letter
- the names of two referees who have supervised your teaching
- university transcripts
- latest teaching report or final practicum report
- TQS certification
- BC Teachers Regulation Branch certification
We appreciate your interest in the Chilliwack School District; only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Applications for Teachers Teaching on Call
A Teachers Teaching on Call posting is now active on the Make a Future website. Teachers who have already applied to the district need not reapply if their application has been made within 12 months.
Human Resources only accepts applications electronically through Make a Future. Due to the volume of applications, Human Resources is unable to provide personal consultation or coaching regarding TTOC applications. Only short-listed applicants are contacted.
We are looking for dynamic, skilled professionals, both generalists and specialists (French Immersion, FSL, Tech Ed, PE, Learning Assistance, Counselling, Art, Music), to join our Teachers Teaching on Call/Temporary Teacher pool. Preference will be given to applicants who are widely available to us and flexible in their assignments.
Applications are accepted electronically through the Make a Future site only. Paper and emailed application packages are not accepted. Each application package must include:
- Cover Letter
- University Transcripts (including undergraduate)
- Latest teaching report (recent graduates may use their final practicum report)
- Proof of BC Teachers Regulation Branch membership
- The names of two referees who have supervised your teaching
The Chilliwack School District receives hundreds of applications and unfortunately we are unable to answer specific questions regarding individual applications. Please be assured that our committee reviews each application carefully in light of our current and projected needs.