During these unprecedented times, the Chilliwack School District will continue to work diligently to support our students and families, and provide our school community with current and reliable information regarding COVID-19.
Our commitment to you is to share information in a timely fashion to ensure clarity in communication. Below you will find a curated list that includes links to information and updates we have shared on behalf of the Ministry of Education, and copies of our correspondence with parents and guardians.
School District Planning and Information
- Please see School District Planning and Information here.
Health and Safety Information
- Please see Health and Safety Information here.
COVID-19 School Set Up Procedures
- Please see the COVID-19 School Set Up Procedures here.
Information about COVID-19:
- BC COVID-19 Provincial Support and Information Website
- BC Centre for Disease Control COVID-19 Website
- Public Health Agency of Canada Website
Updates from the Chilliwack School District:
- June 24, 2020 - Superintendents Year End Message
- May 27, 2020 - Letter from Fraser Health, Safe Return to School
- May 19, 2020 - School District Restart Plan Letter from the Interim Superintendent
- April 27, 2020 - Cancellation of School Functions Letter from the Interim Superintendent
- April 5, 2020 - Letter to Families from the Interim Superintendent
- March 31, 2020 - Letter to Families from the Board of Education
- March 26, 2020 - Continuation of Learning Survey
- March 26, 2020 - Letter from Interim Superintendent to Parents and Guardians
- March 20, 2020 - Joint Communication BCPSEA, BCTF, CUPE
- March 19, 2020 - Letter from Interim Superintendent to All Staff
- March 18, 2020 - Letter from Interim Superintendent to Parents, Guardians, Staff and Students
- March 13, 2020 - COVID-19 and Spring Break International Travel
- March 9, 2020 - Letter from Interim Superintendent Re: Cancellation of All International Field Trips
- March 6, 2020 - Letter from Interim Superintendent Re: Cancellation of Field Tips to France
- February 28, 2020 - Letter from Fraser Health
- February 21, 2020 - Letter from Fraser Health
- February 7, 2020 - Letter from Fraser Health
Updates from the Ministry of Education:
- July 31, 2020 - Joint Partners Letter of Support for MoE school reopening plan
- July 31, 2020 - Announcement Minister of Education and Public Health Officer
- June 26, 2020 - Letter to graduates from Minister of Education and BC Premier
- June 25, 2020 - Letter from the Minister of Education and BC Parent Advisory Council
- May 28, 2020 - Letter from the Minister of Education and BC Parent Advisory Council
- BC Restart Plan
- BC Restart Plan Presentation
- Phased Return to Learning in Classrooms
- BC Ministry of Education Keep Learning Website
- BC Ministry of Education FAQ
- March 27, 2020 - Letter form the Minister of Education
- March 17, 2020 - Letter from the Minister of Education
- March 13, 2020 - Letter from the Ministry of Education
Educational Resources For Parents and Guardians:
- Activities You Can Do At Home
- Supporting Learning at Home
- How to Use Office 365 for Students
Social Emotional Learning and Mental Health Resources:
- Anxiety Canada
- Mindshift App - A user-friendly self-help tool, Mindshift teaches about anxiety, helping users engage in healthy thinking. Users check in each day to track their anxiety and work with tools in the app.
- Mental Health Tips
- Child and Youth Mental Health Intake Clinics Contact Information
- WE Well-being - A program that empowers youth, educators and families with tools and resources to promote their own well-being and the well-being of their community.
- WE Schools @home - Tools and resources to support learning at home
- EASE at Home - Helpful tips for parents, like how to teach children calming breathing techniques or use structured games like scavenger hunts to build routine in a way that's fun.