Return To School Update
The B.C. government confirmed in their media release on August 24 that schools are returning to full-time in-person instruction this September. They also announced the updated Provincial COVID-19 Communicable Disease Guidelines for K-12 Settings, outlining the protocols that inform the safe operation of our schools this fall.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Daily health checklists
- Staff and students staying home when sick
- Mask wearing indoors for all K-12 staff, visitors and students in grades 4 to 12, including at their desks and on school buses
- Mask wearing indoors strongly encouraged for students in Kindergarten to grade 3
- Focus on hand hygiene
- Building air ventilation
- Cleaning and disinfecting
- School gatherings and events will now align with provincial/regional guidelines
August 27, 2021 letter to families from the Superintendent.